EURAXESS Japan, the EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk and French Tech Tokyo present:
This event is jointly organised by EURAXESS Japan, the EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk (a service of the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation), and French Tech Tokyo in collaboration with Hello Tomorrow Challenge. It aims to bring together the community of innovation oriented researchers, students, engineers or startuppers of Japan and allow them to network and learn about the European innovation landscape and how to find European investors to launch their activities, or to perform technology transfer operations.
It is a dual event, with a pitch contest in the morning — in collaboration with the Hello Tomorrow Challenge– and a seminar with talks from experts and pitch simulation in the afternoon.REGISTER ASAP IF YOU WANT A SEAT!
Pitch contest in collaboration with the Hello Tomorrow Challenge
The Hello Tomorrow Challenge (HTC) is a global competition for the most promising science-technology projects and startups that aim to solve the world’s pressing issues.
There is no need to have a registered company to apply. Startups or projects that have currently raised less than EUR400,000, have a core piece of technology and are working on a product that can have great impact on the industry and/or society are welcome to apply.
To date, 60 early-stage graduates from the HTC have raised more than EUR90 million and 57 of them are still operational.
This pitch contest is for you the opportunity to present your project in front of a panel of experts and improve your communication skills! In addition to that:
- All participants in the Tokyo event will be considered as early-bird applicants to the Hello Tomorrow Challenge and benefit from early tips and feedbacks from the Hello Tomorrow global team to improve their application and increase their chances in the main channel selection process.
- The winner at the Tokyo event gets a free pass and travel to the Hello Tomorrow Global Summit that will be held on 26 and 27 October in Paris.
How to participate?
Fill the online form with the maximum of information possible. Required fields include startup and product name and description, a short presentation of the problem you address with your idea/product and why this solution works, etc.
Please stay concise! Application is only available in English.
Seminar ‘Turn ideas into innovation, with Europe’
This seminar will provide attendees with all the crucial points to succeed in their innovation-related endeavours by looking at Europe’s potential. Here’s what you will gain by attending:
- Discover the European innovation landscapes and policies!
- Get pro investor insights on ideas’ valorisation and ways to effectively present your projects!
- Learn from legal experts about Intellectual Property rules concerning employees inventions in Japan and in Europe!
- Attend a simulated academia-industry licensing deal negotiation!