This webinar was scheduled on April 27th 2018, 10-11 AM CET
What are the facts and advices regarding the countermeasures against a competitors patent?
- Once the patent is granted, what options do companies have to act against the granted patent ? What are the relevant timeframes and costs to be expected during opposition proceedings at the European Patent Office and the Japanese Patent Office ?
- How do EPO and JPO opposition proceedings work in general ? How long do you have to wait for a final decision ? Can you appeal the decision ?
- When an opposition is rejected and the patent is maintained (maybe in amended form) by the EPO / JPO. What are the options now ? What are the risks and chances of further proceedings ?
- Will the situation in Europe change with the Unitary Patent System ?
What you will learn during this webinar?
Registration deadline: 26/04/2018
In this webinar, we will cover the following:
- Basics about filing oppositions at the JPO and the EPO (time frame, costs etc)
- The opposition / appeal procedures at the EPO / JPO
- The patent was maintained during opposition. What options are left ?
- Nullity actions in Europe (focus on DE) and JP – possible pitfalls, costs etc.
- Effect of the Unitary patent system (provided it finally enters into force…)
Speakers: Dr. Yoshitaka Sonoda (Sonoda & Kobayashi) and Dr.sc. Robert Börner (Murgitroyd Munich Office)
Moderator: Luca Escoffier, EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk, and Diane Beylier, Sonoda & Kobayashi.
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation – Brussels Office