This webinar was scheduled on June 29th 2018, 10:00-11:00 am CET
What are Utility Models and how can I best implement them in company`s IP strategy?
- What are the procedures and requirement to register file utility model rights in some European countries including Germany, France, Italy and Spain as well as in Japan? What aspects are examined and what is not examined? How long does it take to get the utility model right granted and how long is it valid? What kind of inventions or subject matter is exempt registration as utility model rights?
- Is it possible to enforce a utility model right? What re the limitations and risks?
- When and how can a utility model right be converted to a patent right? Can a utility model and a patent application be filed for the same invention?
- What is the best way to include utility models in a company`s IP strategy?
Registration deadline: 28/06/2018
What you will learn during this webinar?
In this webinar, we will amongst other topics cover the following:
- Basics about filing utility model applications at the different national patent offices (procedure, time frame, requirements, costs etc)
- How Utility Rights can be used in Enforcement
- How to reduce costs by a tactical Use of Utility Models in your company`s IP Strategy (Japan)
- Possibility to branch off a utility model from a pending patent application (e.g. Germany)
Speakers: Dr.sc. Robert Börner (Murgitroyd Munich Office) and Shin Akagi (Sonoda & Kobayashi)
Moderator: Luca Escoffier, EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation – Brussels Office