The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and UNIDO’s Investment and Technology Promotion Office in Tokyo (UNIDO ITPO Tokyo) jointly organised a pitching and networking event to connect EU and Japanese companies looking to work together in sustainable projects in Africa.
The pitching event featured innovative Japanese companies developing sustainable technologies in energy, environment, water, agribusiness and telecommunication.
Presentation of a success story:
– Sora Technology : SORA Malaria Control: Anti-Malaria Infrastructure in Africa with Fixed-Wing Drone and AI
– AGC Inc.: highly durable and high light transmission fluoropolymer film for greenhouse
– Biomass Resin Holdings Co., Ltd.: biodegradable and non-biodegradable biomass plastic compound made of rice
– Mebiol Inc.: hydro-gel film for reduced water farming
– NEC Corporation: hybrid storage solution for optimizing renewable energy
– TBM Co., Ltd.: alternative plastic and paper material “LIMEX”
– Yamaha Motor Co.: water purification system using sand filtration and solar PV
– EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation (www.eu-japan.eu)
– UNIDO ITPO Tokyo (http://www.unido.or.jp/en/about_us/itpo_tokyo/)
This event was co-organised by UNIDO ITPO Tokyo and the EU-Japan Centre via the EU-Japan Business Cooperation with ASEAN, Africa and Latin America Helpdesk (EJ3A Helpdesk), and the EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk.
Here are some pictures of the event: