This webinar was scheduled on December 17th 2018, 10:00-11:30 am CET
What do companies with R&D in Europe and Japan need to know in regard to the various employee invention legal systems?
- This webinar explains the basics of different legal systems on employee remuneration in Japan and Germany, and will also provide some information on how this topic is dealt with in some other European jurisdictions.
- It teaches who owns the right to an invention in each jurisdiction and how a company can take possession of the invention.
- The webinar also covers the question of adequate remuneration for inventors.
- It points out pitfalls for companies and how to avoid them.
- Lastly, we touch on the famous Blue LED Case in Japan, explaining briefly the background and interpretation.
Registration deadline: 16/12/2018
What will you learn during this webinar?
In this webinar, we will cover the following:
- Explanation of Legal Systems on Employee Remuneration in Japan, Germany and some other European jurisdictions;
- Ownership of an invention;
- Remuneration for inventors;
- Case examples.
Speakers: Dr.sc. Robert Börner (Murgitroyd Munich Office) and Dr. Akira Fujii
Moderator: Luca Escoffier, EU-Japan Technology Transfer Helpdesk
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation – Brussels Office